Nov 5, 2013

When the Leaves Start Turning Yellow

See them changing! Uh Oh! They are yellow already!
One of the very brand new things I get to experience fall. Coming from Cuernavaca "The City of Eternal Spring" we miss out on the season changing.

Always sunny, slightly cold in the winter, everything stays green, flowers keep blooming all year long and we have sunny days most of the year (unless it's rainy season).

My "Eternal Spring"
Now when the leaves start turning yellow I think of the undeniable fact that the winter and it's very cold days are coming my way. I panic as the trees turn more and more yellow and orange everyday because I know for a fact that I'll freeze.

So lucky to experience this!
I'll be the one awkwardly dressed in everything I own every time I go out, and I will definitely ignore the looks as long as I am warm, no matter how ridiculous my outfits get. For now I've been getting ready, I just bought my first ever set of thermal underwear. I found that the best store to stock on socks, sweaters, thermal underwear and coats (that I didn't have or need before) is Burlington, and maybe Ross. They have very cool brands at affordable prices, so if you need an entire winter wardrobe like me, they are your best bet.

Very very pretty colors!
Back to the fall, so far, I can say the season changing is super pretty to watch and it is definitely something everyone should experience at least once.

As warm days get shorter and the cooler days are more and more common I still enjoy as much sun as I can, taking it all in as if I'm savoring it to remember it for the next cold months.

Wish me luck!

PO

...................................................................................................................................................................

Una de las primeras nuevas experiencias que ahora estoy conociendo es el otoño. Viniendo de Cuernavaca "La Ciudad de la Eterna Primavera" nos perdemos del cambio de estaciones.

Siempre soleado, un poco frío en el invierno, todo sigue siendo verde, las flores siguen brotando y hay sol casi todo el año (a menos que sea temporada de lluvias).

Ahora cuando las hojas de los arboles empiezan a ser amarillas pienso en la innegable realidad de que el invierno y sus muy fríos días están en puerta. Entro en pánico cada vez que veo los árboles más y más amarillos y naranjas porque se con seguridad que me congelaré.

Yo seré la persona vestida raramente que todo lo que tengo cada vez que salga y definitivamente ignoraré las miradas mientras me sienta caliente no importa que tan ridículos sean mis atuendos. Por ahora me estoy preparando, compré mi primer pijama térmica. La mejor tienda que he encontrado para llenar tu guardaropa de calcetines, suéteres y abrigos (que no tenía o había necesitado) es Burlington y tal vez Ross. Tienen muy buenas marcas a precios aceptables, así que si necesitan como yo un guardarropa para el invierno, seguro encontrarán algo ahí.

Regresando al tema del invierno, hasta ahora puedo decir que el cambio de estación es muy muy bonito y definitivo algo que nadie debe perderse aunque sea una vez en su vida.

Mientras los días soleados son menos y los días fríos más y más comunes trato de disfrutar tanto como puedo el sol, como si estuviera guardándolo para recordarlo los siguientes meses de frío.

Deséenme suerte!

PO

No comments:

Post a Comment